At Palmetto Works, we believe that everyone has work to do that is age and developmentally appropriate:
- The work of childhood is play and creative learning.
- The work of adolescence is maturing into adulthood mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally along with the exploration of educational and career opportunities.
- The work of adulthood is the establishment of careers, the establishment of families, and community building.
- The work of the church is to be the presence of Christ in the world. The church is to lovingly and creatively cooperate with children, adolescents, adults, families and communities in their developmentally appropriate work.
Palmetto Works offers:
- “Palmetto Kids! Music and Arts Academy” is an afterschool and summer enrichment program for elementary school aged children, featuring a variety of music lessons in piano, African Drumming, and guitar, as well as dance and other educational, social and recreational activities.
- “Work It Out” is a year-round dropout prevention mentoring program for middle and high school students.
- C.H.O.P.S. (Culinary and Hospitality Operatives Prepared to Serve) is a culinary job training program using social entrepreneurship to transform lives and communities.